from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chronic or acute inflammation of the mucous membrane of the bronchial tubes.
- n. A disease marked by this inflammation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An inflammation of the bronchi of the lungs, that causes the cilia of the bronchial epithelial cells to stop functioning.
- n. An occurrence of, a case (patient) of, or a type of bronchitis.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Inflammation, acute or chronic, of the bronchial tubes or any part of them.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, an inflammation of the bronchial membrane. It is a complaint of very frequent occurrence, and may be acute or chronic.—
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. inflammation of the membranes lining the bronchial tubes
It is chiefly in the throat what they call bronchitis and she has got to be very weak with it, and at the same time very liable to inflammation.
Worsening breathlessness forced him to retire as a laborer, and he has sought emergency care for what he calls bronchitis twice in the past year.
The bronchitis is on the mend, and my brain is back to almost working properly.
What gives it to the minister is talking solemnly when they don't feel that way, and it has the same influence upon the organs of speech that it would have upon the cords of the calves of your legs to walk on your tip-toes, and so I call bronchitis "parsonitis."
She said his long-term bronchitis problems were likely to blame, but test results will not be ready until Wednesday.
It can cause scarring, and it can cause a condition known as bronchitis obliterands (ph).
And that's different from an inflammation of your bronchioles, for example, called bronchitis, or just a sore throat, for example.
It is also called bronchitis or feline bronchial disease.
Mary Sheppard made sure her husband gained weight after he had what has been described as bronchitis last fall.
She described a persistent headache and "bronchitis" symptoms in 1989 that "wouldn't go away."