from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A stiff flour pudding boiled in a cloth bag or steamed.
- n. Decaying leaves and branches covering a forest floor.
- n. Fine coal; slack.
- n. Slang The buttocks.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Dough.
- n. A stiff flour pudding, often with dried fruit, boiled in a cloth bag, or steamed
- n. Decaying vegetable matter on the forest floor.
- n. Coal dust.
- n. The bits left in the bottom of the bag after the booty has been consumed, like crumbs.
- n. Something spurious or fake; a counterfeit, a worthless thing.
- n. An error.
- adj. Worthless; not working properly, defective.
- n. The buttocks.
- v. To disguise something to make it look new.
- v. To alter the branding of stolen cattle; to steal cattle.
- v. To beat (up).
- v. To hit the ground behind the ball.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Dough or paste.
- n. A stiff flour pudding, boiled in a bag; -- a term used especially by seamen.
- n. the buttocks.
- transitive v. To treat or manipulate so as to give a specious appearance to; to fake; hence, to cheat.
- transitive v. In Australia, to alter the brands on (cattle, horses, etc.); to steal (cattle, etc.), and alter their brands.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Dough; paste of bread.
- n. Nautical, a stiff flour pudding boiled in a bag or cloth: as, sailors' plum duff.
- n. Vegetable growth covering forest-ground.
- n. Fine coal.
- In golf, to miss a stroke by hitting the ground behind the ball.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a stiff flour pudding steamed or boiled usually and containing e.g. currants and raisins and citron
April 26th, 2007 at 5: 26 pm hillary duff is so class i love her she the best in the world xxxxxxxx
October 11th, 2007 at 2: 56 pm hilary duff is an anjel she is the best ilke her very much i wish that i wana to meet here onse in my life she is the best actor i like here very much vikki Says:
September 12th, 2006 at 7: 48 am cooool hilary duff is sooo cuteeee and soo butiful ilove you hilary soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mmuch (L) (L) (L)
i totally think that hilary duff is soooooooooooooo cool i love her in lizzie mguire she is a really good actor maria Says:
The only thing getting up the duff will be my plums.
In tis innerluud it duff beefaw, tat I, wun snout by name duff prezent a wall
What's known as the duff layer is suddenly removed, and this duff, or decaying organic material on the forest floor, is habitat for several species of insects, spiders, small vertebrates, bacteria and fungi.
I've seen them live numerous times and I don't recall a duff gig, in fact most were glorious riotous funky celebrations.
Because she reckons getting up the duff is the answer.
Yes, he actually took not the slightest notice of these, but, instead, poked his head into all the holes and corners where he was likely to find sundry and various small gear, such as dirty towels, "duff" bags, ditty bags, and so forth.