from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A course of violent, frenzied behavior or action.
- intransitive v. To move about wildly or violently.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A course of violent, frenzied action.
- v. To move about wildly or violently
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Violent or riotous behavior; a state of excitement, passion, or debauchery.
- intransitive v. To leap or prance about, as an animal; to be violent; to rage.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A leaping or jumping about, as from anger or excitement; violent or furious movement; excited action of any kind: as, to be on the rampage; to go on a rampage.
- To act or move in a ramping manner; spring or rush violently; rage or storm about.
- To run or prance about; move springily or friskily; romp; riot.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. act violently, recklessly, or destructively
- n. violently angry and destructive behavior
The social media rampage is a big boost for social networks, giving the insight of interactivity abilities within social networks.
Someone on a homicidal rampage is by definition outnumbered, and usually not as well trained as the police who will arrive in a few minutes.
Nidal malik Hasans deadly rampage is a wakeup call for all Americans
How nobody's gone on a murderous rampage is beyond me.
Im 20 years old and im about to go on a fuckin rampage here.
The story of their rampage is not really the focus of the story, though it easily could be -- and would have been it this were a made-for-TV piece of schlock.
With all due respect, this loonie's rampage is only international news because it's a Jewish organization that was shot up by a deranged guy who happened to be a lousy Muslim.
To equate their actions with McCarthy's rampage is as wrong as painting each American progressive or Communist as a Stalinist agent.
And the usage of the word rampage .... more like college kids on spring break or something. desjardins, the mumbaihelp blog was something of a central switchboard for people trying to reach their friends and relatives in past attacks and crises in the area.
Gunmen open fire in Iraq market 'rampage' - kill 55 in Iraq attack