from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That which takes up or tightens; specifically, a device in a sewing machine for drawing up the slack thread as the needle rises, in completing a stitch.
- v. To pick up.
- v. To begin doing (an activity) on a regular basis.
- v. To address (an issue).
- v. To occupy; to consume (space or time).
- v. To shorten by hemming.
- v. To accept (a proposal, offer, request, etc.) from.
- v. to resume
- v. To implement, to employ, to put into use.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.