from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A veterinarian.
- transitive v. To subject to veterinary evaluation, examination, medication, or surgery.
- transitive v. To subject to thorough examination or evaluation: vet a manuscript.
- intransitive v. To engage in the practice of veterinary medicine.
- n. Informal A veteran.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A veterinarian or veterinary surgeon.
- n. A veteran (a former soldier or other member of an armed forces).
- v. To thoroughly check or investigate particularly with regard to providing formal approval.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An abbreviation of veteran
- n. of veterinary.
- n. A colloquial contraction of veterinary (surgeon).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. work as a veterinarian
- n. a doctor who practices veterinary medicine
- v. examine carefully
- n. a person who has served in the armed forces
- v. provide (a person) with medical care
- v. provide veterinary care for
Other than his stance on neutering, our vet is a lovely old man who is a fantastic diagnostician.
Andrea "Andi" Pringle, and his nomination of Robert Mallett as chairman of the Board of Elections and Ethics - both of whom never served long enough to warm their assigned chairs she resigned; his nomination was withdrawn - that there's still some part of the word "vet" that Gray doesn't get.
A visit to a doggy dermatologist (referral from main vet) cost a friend of mine almost $1000 this past summer, and didn't do anything to solve the problem, despite three rounds of drugs and two biopsies.
Our tour guide explained to them that my father was a vet from the war.
The network obliged and the acting vet is expected to appear on the program one final time sometime this spring.
My little bitty Boston terrier has racked up over $2,000 in vet bills when she fell off a counter a couple of weeks ago.
Our vet is an old "large animal" vet but he is the only one we have semi-close.
I was fortunate that my brother was in vet school at the time and was able to get me the pills for free.
Email a copy of 'His vet is Dr. Moreau.' to a friend
This venerable and much honored WW II vet is well known in Hawaii for his seventy-plus years of service to patriotic organizations and causes all over the country.