from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small cluster or arrangement of flowers.
- n. The fragrance typical of a wine or liqueur. See Synonyms at fragrance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A bunch of flowers.
- n. The scent of a particular wine.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A nosegay; a bunch of flowers.
- n. A perfume; an aroma.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A nosegay; a bunch of flowers; hence, something resembling a bunch of flowers, as a cluster of precious stones, a piece or flight of fireworks, etc.
- n. An agreeable non-spiritous perfume characteristic of some wiues.
- n. See the extract. Also called bouquet of herbs and fagot of herbs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a pleasingly sweet olfactory property
- n. an arrangement of flowers that is usually given as a present
French, from Old French bosquet, thicket, diminutive of bosc, forest, of Germanic origin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)