from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A post system by means of transport relays of horses stationed at intervals along a route or network, carrying mail and passengers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Post; mail; also, the mail or postal arrangements; -- spelt also dawk, and dauk.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In the East Indies, the post; a relay of men, as for carrying letters, despatches, etc., or travelers in palanquins.
- n. An abbreviation of Dakota.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye
From Hindi, Marathi डाक (ḍāk). (Wiktionary)