from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small packet of perfumed powder used to scent clothes, as in trunks or closets.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cheesecloth bag of herbs and/or spices added during cooking and then removed before serving.
- n. A small, sealed packet containing a single-use quantity of any material
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A scent bag, or perfume cushion, to be laid among handkerchiefs, garments, etc., to perfume them.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small bag, usually embroidered or otherwise ornamented, containing a perfume in the form of powder, or some perfumed substance; also, a small cushion or some similar object, the stuffing of which is strongly perfumed, placed among articles of dress, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small soft bag containing perfumed powder; used to perfume items in a drawer or chest
French, from Old French, diminutive of sac, bag, from Latin saccus; see sack1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)