from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a despot or tyrant.
- adj. Acting or ruling as a despot, tyrannical.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the character of, or pertaining to, a despot; absolute in power; possessing and abusing unlimited power; evincing despotism; tyrannical; arbitrary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or of the nature of a despot or despotism; unlimited; arbitrary; tyrannical: as, a despotic ruler; despotic government or power; a despotic will.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characteristic of an absolute ruler or absolute rule; having absolute sovereignty
- adj. belonging to or having the characteristics of a despot
- adj. ruled by or characteristic of a despot
From Ancient Greek δεσποτικός (despotikos) via French despotique. (Wiktionary)