from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition or fact of being dominant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being dominant; of prime importance; supremacy.
- n. Being in a position of power, authority or ascendancy over others.
- n. The superior development or preference for one side of the body or of one of a pair of organs; such as being right-handed.
- n. The property of a gene such that it supresses the expression of its allele.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Predominance; ascendency; authority.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Rule; control; authority; ascendancy.
- n. In biology, the visible manifestation by a cross-bred organism and by some of its descendants of one or two mutually antagonistic parental characters to the exclusion of the other.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the organic phenomenon in which one of a pair of alleles present in a genotype is expressed in the phenotype and the other allele of the pair is not
- n. superior development of one side of the body
- n. the state that exists when one person or group has power over another
- n. the power or right to give orders or make decisions
Sorry, no etymologies found.