from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The statistic of the number of outs a defensive player directly caused.
- adj. Taking offense; indignant.
- v. To place outside or eject.
- v. To produce.
- v. To injure a part of the body, especially a joint.
- v. To extinguish (a flame or light).
- v. To eliminate from a competition.
- v. To consent to sex.
- v. To cause a player on the offense to be out, especially of men on base.
- v. To cause a batsman (a player on the batting team) to be dismissed or out.
- v. To sail away, to depart.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. put out considerable effort
- v. thrust or extend out
- v. cause to be out on a fielding play
- v. put out, as of a candle or a light
- v. prepare and issue for public distribution or sale
- v. deprive of the oxygen necessary for combustion
- v. administer an anesthetic drug to
- v. retire
- v. be sexually active
- v. to cause inconvenience or discomfort to
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.