from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A session of exercise or practice to improve fitness, as for athletic competition.
- n. A strenuous test of ability and endurance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An exercise session; a period of physical exercise.
- n. A schedule or program of specific exercises, especially one intended to achieve a particular goal.
- n. Any activity that requires much physical or mental effort, or produces strain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the activity of exerting your muscles in various ways to keep fit
Sorry, no etymologies found.