from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The distance around something; the circumference.
- n. Size; bulk: a person of large girth.
- n. A strap encircling an animal's body in order to secure a load or saddle on its back; a cinch.
- transitive v. To measure the circumference of.
- transitive v. To encircle.
- transitive v. To secure with a girth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The distance measured around an object.
- n. A band passed under the belly of an animal to hold various types of saddles in place.
- n. One's waistline circumference, most often a large one.
- v. To bind as if with a girth or band.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A band or strap which encircles the body; especially, one by which a saddle is fastened upon the back of a horse.
- n. The measure around any object, such as a body at the waist or belly, or a box ; the circumference of anything.
- n. A small horizontal brace or girder.
- transitive v. To bind as with a girth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To bind with a girth.
- To encircle or surround with a measuring-line, as in measuring moldings, etc.
- n. A band or girdle; especially, a band passed under the belly of a horse or other animal, and drawn tight and fastened, to secure a saddle or a pack on its back.
- n. The measure round a person's body or round a pillar, tree, or anything of a cylindrical or roundish shape.
- n. A girdling; a circuit; a perimeter; an encircling inclosure.
- n. In car-building, a long horizontal bracing-timber on the inside of the frame of a box-car.
- n. In. printing, one of two bands of leather or stout webbing (also called straps) attached to the rounce of a hand-press, used for running the carriage in and out.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. tie a cinch around
- n. stable gear consisting of a band around a horse's belly that holds the saddle in place
- n. the distance around a person's body
At 37 inches long and 24.75 inches in girth, and the lunker weighed 28.8 pounds, roughly a pound heavier than the previous brown trout record.
Penis enlargement medicines and best natural male enhancement ways to enlarge penis size in girth and width to enlarge penis naturally.
Pick a Christmas tree that suits your family: large in girth and always needing a drink.
Clem was not a tall man, but he made up for it in girth and attitude.
I caught a rear-end glimpse, with a stiff tail, as big in girth as my body, standing out straight behind.
There is an elm about a mile from the village seventeen feet in girth, and not long since we heard of a bass-wood or linden twenty-eight feet in circumference.
The primeval pines up here are of gigantic size, rising from eighty to over a hundred feet, enormous in girth, and garlanded with hoary grey-green moss, the growth of centuries.
That doesn't make any sense, he's not fast or good at defending the paint or anything wow if Fat Baby is going to be allowed to play this well - I give up. out of all the bigs only brad miller has a d in his name girth, I want to say.
The fish was measured by tape to be 44.5” in girth and 81” in length before being released in healthy condition back into the water.
There is also this truth that when organizations get bigger, they seek something (perhaps vindication?) that requires or results in ... girth.