from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Extremely careful and precise.
- adj. Extremely or excessively concerned with details.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Timid, fearful, overly cautious.
- adj. Characterized by very precise, conscientious attention to details.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Timid; fearful.
- adj. Taking great care to get every detail correct; working thoroughly and with precision.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Timid; over-careful.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by precise accordance with details
- adj. marked by extreme care in treatment of details
From Latin metīculōsus, timid, from metus, fear.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin meticulōsus ("full of fear, timid, fearful, terrible, frightful"), from metus ("fear") and -culōsus, extracted from perīculōsus ("perilous"). (Wiktionary)