from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To cry out loudly, as in pain, fright, surprise, or enthusiasm.
- transitive v. To utter or express with a loud cry. See Synonyms at shout.
- n. A loud cry; a shout.
- n. A rhythmic cheer uttered or chanted in unison.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. dry (of cow)
- v. shout; holler; make a loud sound with the voice.
- v. To convey by shouting.
- n. A shout.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A sharp, loud, hideous outcry.
- intransitive v. To cry out, or shriek, with a hideous noise; to cry or scream as with agony or horror.
- transitive v. To utter or declare with a yell; to proclaim in a loud tone.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To cry out with a sharp, loud noise; shriek; cry or scream as with agony, horror, or ferocity.
- To utter with a yell.
- Same as yeld.
- Dialectal forms of ale, ale-house.
- n. A sharp, loud outcry; a scream or cry suggestive of horror, distress, agony, or ferocity.
- n. Specifically
- n. A call or cry peculiar to a special body of persons: as, a class yell; the yell of Columbia, 91.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. utter a sudden loud cry
- n. a loud utterance; often in protest or opposition
- v. utter or declare in a very loud voice
- n. a loud utterance of emotion (especially when inarticulate)
"It's really hard to yell from the dugout," Maddon said afterward.
You have to offer ideas and not just yell from the toilets of your RVs. michael armstrong sr.
So occupied were we with our paddling, our eyes fixed upon the other bank, that we knew nothing until aroused by a yell from the shore.
If you want to be in the arena, get in the damn arena stop using a megaphone to yell from the crowd.
And some fans, some members of her team were wonderfully supportive of her, knew what she was doing was hard and that it took a lot of courage, but there were others that certainly looked at her as a sort of novelty act and would yell from the stands, why dont you go home and fix your husband some biscuits?
Why I'm going to scream and yell is because they don't answer questions that are asked of them but answer what ever they want.
Apple tries to offer songs over a mobile network - more convenience for consumers, and likely much more revenue for the record companies - and the first thing they yell is “only if you pay me more”!
I yell from the bow, stabbing the water with a draw stroke.
All you can yell is Hitler, Hitler, Hitler with a smattering of anti white and anti God commentary.
This way, the next time you feel like you might blow, you can yell the code word instead.